Last Thursday, we moderated the weekly #seochat on Twitter for the first time. As always, it was a lively discussion with agency and in-house SEO experts sharing their take on seasonal fluctuations in SEO. If you’re preparing for a BIG Q4, reading the highlights of the Twitter chat (which Lyena Solomon @lyena put together) is well worth a few minutes of your time.
The questions we asked were:
- What seasonality difference (% traffic and/or revenue) does your site experience?
- How much lead time do you need to SEO for the holidays (or other seasonl event)?
- What are you planning to do differently this year compared to last year?
- If you want to rank on seasonal items, such as Christmas Sweaters, what should you do?
- How can you impact SEO of your site during code freeze?
- How do you measure SEO impact during holidays vs natural uplift in traffic?
- What is the best way to use social media during the holidays w/ respect to SEO?